Sandy Hook, Pulse, Las Vegas, and now Parkland. And now Great Mills. The list NEEDS TO STOP.
We’ve seen what happens when high powered guns get in the hands of unstable people. High powered assault rifles and modifications like the bump stock and high-capacity magazines should not be sold to just anyone who wants one.
People who have been justly convicted of a violent crime should not be allowed to buy any type of firearm, nor should anyone who has been deemed by a court to be incompetent.
Dr. Olysha will fight to pass bills that will protect our loved ones, schools, and communities.
- Close the loopholes that exist in our state and ensure universal, comprehensive background checks.
- Raise the age to buy any firearm or ammunition from 18 to 21.
- Keep weapons out of our schools.
- Fight for Red Flag Laws. Mass shooters often display warning signs before committing violent acts. Red Flag Laws also address another American gun violence epidemic — firearm suicide, which accounts for nearly two-thirds of gun deaths in the United States.
- Keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers.
- Promote gun safety.
Dr. Olysha is a proud member of Moms Demand Action and received the Moms Demand Action Gun Sense Candidate distinction.